The role of Project Engineer is based in the R&D team in Southampton which is responsible for delivering additional profitable sales from our sensor and transducer production lines and supporting the growth plans of the business.
As a key member of the team the role requires a “hands-on” approach to project management, with the creation and execution of detailed product development project plans and a desire to deliver against these plans using considerable influencing and persuasion skills combined with the technical ability, your enthusiasm and desire to succeed will drive the project to completion.
The Project Engineer will be responsible for managing development projects from initial customer conception through the design stage to testing and evaluation. The main duties will include but not limited to:
- Creating and managing the project plan, communicating with stakeholders regularly to ensure they plan is kept live and the key delivery dates are met. Regular feedback of the planning activities will also need to be made to the end customer.
- Managing the activities of the technician responsible for building prototypes, including the design of assembly and test tooling
- Performing the majority of the tasks identified within the plan such as:
- Designing and developing the product and tooling with the assistance of the product design team
- Evaluation and testing of concepts and the final design
- Liaising with suppliers to optimise design and ensure materials and tooling are delivered on time and to specification
- Regular updates with the customer
- Create and maintain all necessary design, development, testing and approval documentation according to strict APQP / ISO13485 and ISO9001 procedures
- Regular communication with manufacturing Engineering to assist with the introduction to the shop floor
- Identifying and developing technology enhancements for the Southampton portfolio, developing the concepts further to create prototypes and technology demonstrators and to assist with the marketing activities of these developments, including data sheets, press releases and web-site updates.
- Preferably educated to at least degree standard (or equivalent) in an engineering discipline (ideally mechanical engineering)
- Managing multiple development projects to tight deadlines in an Engineering environment.
- Experience of ultrasonic transducer design theory or the applications of piezo ceramic would be desirable.
- Computer literate, minimum fully conversant with Microsoft Excel, Word and Project, others such as Powerpoint, Visio, and Minitab an advantage.
- Practical application of ISO13485 or other specialised quality systems would be an advantage
A full job description is available from HR or for an informal chat about the role please contact Richard Miles – R&D Manager Sensors & Transducers. Internal applicants should inform their line manager prior to applying for this role. If you are interested in applying for this role please submit your application in writing to Vicky Gough (HR Business Partner) by 4th September 2023. The CeramTec Employee Referral Scheme applies to this Vacancy