OVERVIEW & SCOPE OF ROLE
To support the Quality Engineers and Production by investigating manufacturing issues, implementing corrective and preventive action, and supporting manufacturing trials.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist the Quality Manager with the ongoing management and improvement of the Business Management System in accordance with relevant International Standards.
- Ensure customer Quality requirements are achieved.
- Implementation of scrap reduction / re-engineering project with continued focus on:
- Investigating manufacturing issues related to the quality of parts by applying methodical problem-solving techniques.
- Identifying root cause, implementing corrective and preventive actions (8D).
- Completing non-conformance paperwork and providing reports to the Quality Manager.
- Plan activities so they may be tracked and presented.
- Investigate and manage customer complaints.
- Liaise with internal and external customers on quality issues related to the manufacture of components.
- Report Quality performance trends to the Quality Manager including major issues which could affect business performance.
- Develop current quality systems. Implement improvements in accordance with ISO9001 and customer specific requirements.
- Promote a quality improvement culture
- Conduct Internal Audits in accordance with ISO9001, ISO14001 and OHAS18001 in line with audit schedule.
- Conduct External Audits at suppliers/subcontractors in line with audit schedule.
- Conduct internal product and process audits.
- Perform occasional customer visits as required.
- Maintain documented management system.
- Review and approve change notes and concession requests.
- Participate in New Product Introduction process.
- Maintain Calibration System and schedule in conjunction with designated calibration houses.
- Participate in FMEAs, PPAPs, Process Capability, MSA and Gauge R&R studies.
People & Culture
- A team player, working from own initiative and resilient.
- Responsive and self-motivated.
- Able to work to deadlines.
- Analytical in approach to problem solving.
- Effective communicator at all levels.
- Persistent, energetic & enthusiastic to achieve objectives.
- Flexibility towork as necessary, to satisfy the business needs.
Environmental, Safety, Risk & Compliance
- To be committed to a strong EHS culture on site.
- To adhere, at all times, to Health & Safety / Environmental Statutory and Company Rules and Regulations
EXPERIENCE & BACKGROUND
Requirements of Role
- Relevant previous experience, ideally within either a fast-moving component manufacturing environment or high complexity batch processing, is essential.
- Proven experience of problem solving.
- Demonstrable experience of investigating and solving quality related production problems.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are essential.
- Proficiency in MS Office is essential.
- Presentation skills would be desirable.
- Qualified in Engineering ideally (NVQ / HNC / HND / Degree or similar) OR Qualified by expe- rience.
- Trained and experienced in 8D and auditing is essential
- Good understanding of ISO9001
To learn more
Contact our hiring team via email@example.com to learn more and submit your application.